We agreed in the previous article that, Financial WellBeing is the Fuel to your WellBeing Vehicle. It’s what you need to keep driving till you reach your destination of wellbeing, happiness, and life satisfaction.
Today I’m going to share with you 5 powerful books that you need to learn to achieve financial freedom and improve your overall financial wellbeing.
All you have to do is:
1- Familiarize yourself with these books and what you’ll get out of them
2- Follow the Next Actions section at the end to know how you’ll put them in good use.
Ready, let’s go!
1- The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
New York Times bestseller! More than Five million copies sold!
You CAN take control of your money. Build up your money muscles with America’s favorite finance coach
This is it. This is your exit from a debt full life to a debt free life.
In the Total Money Makeover, Dave shares a proven plan that you can follow one step at a time to get out of your debt.
Not only that, but also, how not to fall in the same trap or a similar one.
This book covers 2 tools from the Financial WellBeing tools we mentioned before, the Saving and the Spending tools
What you’ll get out of this book:
- Expose myths that surround you or drowning you.
- Get out of debt effectively and fast
- Be prepared for emergencies, now and later.
- Improve the financial wellbeing of your children too, not just yourself
- Prepare for retirement
- Live like no one else
It’s full of great principles and steps that if you worked them, they will work, and you’ll see results within a month or so.
Get The Book Only
Get The Book + The Workbook
2- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
Classic and still Effective
It’s been nearly 25 years since Robert Kiyosaki’s Rich Dad Poor Dad first made waves in the Personal Finance arena.
Since then it has become the #1 Personal Finance book of all time and is translated into dozens of languages to navigate around the world.
Rich Dad Poor Dad is Robert’s story of growing up with two dads — his real father and the father of his best friend, his rich dad — and the ways in which both men shaped his thoughts about money and investing.
It’s for parents mainly to understand the real deal about making money to have a better life for themselves and their kids as well.
This book is about “making money” tool, one of the 3 tools we talked about in the Financial WellBeing introduction.
What you’ll learn from this book:
- Explodes the myth that you need to earn a high income to become rich
- Challenges the belief that your house is an asset
- Shows parents why they can’t rely on the school system to teach their kids about money
- Defines once and for all an asset and a liability
- Teaches you what to teach your kids about money for their future financial success
3- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich
The New York Times bestselling author of The 4-Hour Body shows readers how to live more and work less, now with more than 100 pages of new, cutting-edge content.
Timothy shares that he won the golden medal in martial arts tournament just by learning the manual of the game and knowing that pushing the opponent multiple times out of the ring is enough.
That and losing significant weight with the help of a fitness coach to be eligible for the light weight, then gaining the weight again to have a stronger edge.
When I learnt that, I was blown away that although the “why” we’re doing what we’re doing is important, figuring out the “how” is as important
And so many times we get lost in an noneffective ways to reach that “how”
So, forget the old concept of retirement when you’re 60, deferring your “Life Plan” till you retire or have enough money, and postponing on achieving your dreams. Whether your dream is escaping the rat race, experiencing high-end world travel, or earning a monthly five-figure income with zero management, The 4-Hour Workweek is the blueprint.
This book is about the “making money” tool from the Financial WellBeing Toolkit (FWBT) we mentioned before
What you’ll get out from this book:
- How Tim generated the same $40,000 per year with only 4 hours per week instead of 80 hours per week
- How to outsource your life to overseas virtual assistants for $5 per hour and do whatever you want
- How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
- How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist
- How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and frequent “mini-retirements”
- More than 50 practical tips and case studies from readers (including families) who have doubled income, overcome common sticking points, and reinvented themselves using the original book as a starting point
- Real-world templates you can copy for eliminating e-mail, negotiating with bosses and clients, or getting a private chef for less than $8 a meal
- How Lifestyle Design principles can be suited to unpredictable economic times
- The latest tools and tricks, as well as high-tech shortcuts, for living like a diplomat or millionaire without being either
4- F.U. Money: Make As Much Money As You Damn Well Want And Live Your Life As You Damn Well Please!
It’s bold, it’s ugly, but it’s the real deal.
Are you TIRED of the RAT RACE?
Do you wish you had MORE TIME and MORE MONEY?
Would you like to NEVER WORK AGAIN?
If you answered “YES!”, then you need to learn what Dan Lok has to share in his book – F.U. MONEY.
Imagine how your life would become if you knew what it really takes to make more money that you have ever dreamed possible.
This is a straight forward book and you’ll only need to read it or listen to it once if you took notes the first time you read it or listened to it like I did.
This book is about the “making money” tool we mentioned in the Financial WellBeing Tools before; Saving, Spending, and Making.
What you’ll get out of this book:
- Understand what F.U Money is and how you can use it to live like a Hollywood star
- Expose money making myths that are standing between you and making the money you deserve and want.
- Utilize and embrace the F.U. Money Mindset
- How to make money the right way
5- Millionaire Success Habits: The Gateway to Wealth & Prosperity
Everything circles back to the Habits you Have and wealth is no exception!
Millionaire Success Habits is a book designed with one purpose in mind:
To take you from where you are in life to where you want to be in life by incorporating easy-to-implement “Success Habits” into your daily routine.
Legendary business coach Dean Graziosi has broken down the walls of complexity around success and created simple success recipes that you can quickly put to use in your life to reach the level of wealth and abundance you desire.
I’ve listened to this book, and it changed many ideas and therefore my habits regarding wealth and making money.
As you can see, this is another book that covers the tool of “making money” from your Financial WellBeing Toolkit (FWBT).
Like the F.U. Money book, the Millionaire Success habits, is a straight forward book, that you can read or listen to once.
By the end of this book, you should be able to:
- Identify your “why”–the true purpose that drives you and the real reason you want to prosper
- Expose and overcome the “villain within” that’s holding you back
- Unlock the single biggest secret to being productive (it’s probably not what you think)
- Believe in your own massive potential–so you can make it a reality
- Use Dean’s 30-day Better Life Challenge to catapult you into your new life
Financial WellBeing Tools covered in these books
Those are the 5 books that I recommend you learn and start applying what you have learnt from them.
You’ll notice that most of the books, 4 of them, are about “Making Money” and only 1 book talks about “Saving Money” and “Spending Money” .
This is because making money isn’t as easy as the first 2 tools of “Saving” and “Spending” money. Those 2 tools you have full or almost control of, while your control of “Making” money decreases significantly to being moderate in my opinion.
When it comes to saving and spending money, other or external variables varies from not existing to being mildly affecting your decisions.
With making money on the other hand, external variables play moderate to significant role in deciding the outcome. With that being said, the majority of the control should lie within your hands
That’s why I’m emphasizing on the “making money” tool by sharing 4 different books that you can learn from and I’m sure one of them will tick with you.
Next Actions You Can Do Today:
1- Start with the “The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness”:
Saving and spending money are 2 actions that you can have big influence on right now. This is doable as of today and you will start seeing the benefits immediately by controlling your spend and start saving
Also to move forward into making money, most of the times, you’ll need money for this, and your fast resource is by saving money and or minimizing your spending.
2- Go through the other 4 books about making money:
Unlike the Total Money Makeover, the remaining books are straight forward ones, that are heavy on information and strategies that you can apply and check for yourself.
That’s why you’ll only need to read them or listen to them once to have the gist of them.
3- Filter the information you have:
Now that you have read the 4 books about making money, it’s time to see what apply to you and what’s not.
As I mentioned above, not all tips or techniques will suit you, so you have to figure out what you think works for you and start with that.
4- Apply, apply, and apply one more time:
Reading is only half the journey to improving your financial wellbeing and achieving financial freedom.
Applying is the other half, if not the 90% of it. You have to start applying what you have learnt and decided you can start with.
5- Track and Correct:
Now that you have applied the strategies you have learnt, it’s important to track your progress every once in a while, say monthly.
Each month, you check your progress and whether or not you’re doing great or falling behind.
Then you need to come up with corrective actions that you can apply to get yourself back on the right road.
Start reading, apply, and enjoy your financial freedom